- An article by Volgadb Podiatry notes 4 essential things to consider before hiring a Podiatrist. Considering these factors would be beneficial for both hirers as well as patients.
- Board Certification: to differentiate a real podiatrist from a fake and ensure the quality of services, evidence of board certification is essential. - Experience and Reputation: a good podiatrist will have a good reputation with their past clients so it is important to check with those that have used the services previously (e.g through customer reviews). - Specialization: different types of foot injuries are best handled using specialized professionals in that area. Most podiatrists are known to treat a particular foot condition so it is important to find the right specialist. - Cost: It is also important to choose podiatrists that charge patients fairly.
- According to Maydica Podiatry Clinics, a good podiatrist who is able to provide good value for money should possess the following traits.
- Accessibility: it is important to have a podiatrist who is accessible when needed, for example during weekends when they are commonly unavailable. - Experience: it is good practice to find a podiatrist who has been in the field for a long time as they are better equipped to deal with different issues and has experience with specific types of problems with patients. - Compassion: compassion is important when handling patients that are dealing with pain. Not every podiatrist offers custom-designed services for their patients.
- The NHS Education for Scotland has identified the following attributes that essential for podiatric surgeon candidates (trainees).
- Education and professional
qualifications: among others, this includes degree level
qualification or equivalent, Masters degree (MSc
Podiatric Surgery). - Experience/Training: includes Experience of multiprofessional working
practice in a
setting , experience of
orthotics prescription, etc.
, persuasive and
reassurance skills, etc.
care and life
- A report published by thefootpros.com emphasizes on the top 7 things to know before choosing a podiatrist.
- Are they board certified?
- Do they fully understand your needs?
- Do they actually treat your condition?
- Do they educate you and give you options?
- Do they make you feel comfortable?
- Do they recommend treatment besides surgery?
- Do they use the latest technology & treatment options available?