- Nike's DTC (direct to consumer) segment consists of NIKE owned factory and in-line stores, and NIKE owned websites.
- In the first quarter of fiscal year 2013, NIKE Brand DTC revenues accounted for 19 percent of the total NIKE Brand revenues. However, the company did not provide the percentage of online sales that makeup the wider DTC revenues.
- In the second quarter of fiscal year 2013, NIKE Brand DTC revenues were 18 percent of the total NIKE Brand sales. Nonetheless, there was no specific differentiation of the company's online sales from the DTC revenues.
- For the first quarter of fiscal year 2014, NIKE Brand DTC earnings amounted to 20 percent of the total NIKE Brand revenues. Similarly, the company's financial reports did not indicate the revenues attributed to online sales.
- For the second quarter of fiscal year 2014, NIKE Brand DTC revenues were 19 percent of the company's whole NIKE Brand earnings. However, the company did not divulge its exact earnings from online sales.
- The results of the above research have been entered in rows 2-3 of the attached project spreadsheet.
Summary of Findings
During this hour of research, an analysis of Nike's first and second quarter online/eCommerce revenues for its fiscal years 2013 and 2014 was conducted. It was evident that the company did not provide information on its online revenues but instead provided data on its DTC revenues which included online sales.