To find the speaking fees for a non-profit event for several people.
- Barack Obama has made the news for reportedly charging $400,000-$600,000 in speaking fees. However, all of these were speeches at major corporations or commercial events. Nothing could be found on whether his fees are less for non-profits. One article does state that $400,000 seems to be his "standard" fee, as it is the amount he has been paid across several speeches.
- Michelle Obama reportedly charges $225,000 for both corporate and non-profit speaking events. This is confirmed, as her agency billed the Pennsylvania Conference for Women (non-profit event) $225,000 in 2017. It is not known whether her fee has gone up since then.
- As of yet, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are not offering speaking engagement. One newspaper speculates they could command upwards of $500,000, according to agencies who represent other celebrity speakers. Apparently, most A-level celebrities can ask for around $200-300,000. Bloomberg agrees, saying they could command as much as Former President Obama.
- Since the Sussexes' "private" life does not begin until April 11, they have not set any speaking fees, at least publicly. To date, it does not appear they have booked any formal events.
- The Dalai Lama does not charge any fees. He does not allow anyone to profit from his appearances, and any money raised must be given back to charitable organizations of his choosing. Events must only cover his expenses.
- Beyonce Knowles's listing states her fees are anywhere from $100,000-$1,000,000. She has reportedly charged events $1 million in the past, though sometimes donates her fee to charity. However, Beyonce's fees are more for a performance rather than speaking.
- Reportedly, Jay-Z has a similar fee of in the $1 million range. He did recently speak at Columbia University, as part of its new Shawn “JAY-Z” Carter Lecture Series. It is unknown if he was paid for the event. It's possible he charges fees as a donation to his scholarship fund.
- Ashton Kutcher's fee for US events is $150,000-$299,000.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.