The goal is to find background information on the public radio station NPR such as their programming, partnerships, funding, products (what products do they sell and where?) and executive team.
- The shows and podcasts offered by NPR include Morning Edition, Weekend Edition, All Things Considered, and Fresh Air, among others.
- NPR offers news articles on all kinds of topics on their website.
- Their online shop offers many kinds of merchandise such as shirts, water bottles, and bags. One of their collections, Public Radio Nerd, features clothing, bags, and even Amazon Alexa and Echo skins.
- NPR claims that dues paid by member stations is their biggest source of revenue. They also receive a small amount of funding from unnamed corporate donors, as well as grants from institutions and non-profits.
- NPR does receive government funding, though it is currently under fire from the President, who has proposed eliminating the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. In 2017 the CPB provided $445 million in funding for public radio stations such as NPR.
- Jarl Mohn is the President and CEO of NPR. He previously worked at WNBC in New York and created E! Entertainment Television.
- Nancy Barnes was chosen as the Editorial Director of NPR in 2018. She previously worked with the Houston Chronicle.
- Deborah Cowan is the CFO of NPR. She was previously the VP of Finance at Radio One.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
There is plenty of information to create a more detailed look at NPR. We can include more information on the shows and podcasts offered, how they receive their funding, and a more in-depth look at the top executives including what they do at the station and a brief background.