Ocean Technology Investor Research
Identify the funds that invest in ocean technology or related water technology, the contact people for these funds, and where those funds are mostly based. Identify also the companies working in this space that have already received funding. Provide the definition of the following given categories of ocean technology with regard to scope and application: shipping, robotics, fishing, aquaculture, social impact, plastic removal, wave technology, internet, infrastructure, and other available areas.
This information will be used to invite investors and other interested parties in an upcoming ocean-related event.
Here are some of the findings based on our initial research:
FUNDS THAT INVEST IN OCEAN TECHNOLOGY
Sky Ocean Ventures
AIIM Partners Fund
The European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF)
- The EMFF provides funding to support various ocean-related initiatives such as autonomous robot projects, advanced gears for maritime exploration, and other technology-powered devices.
- The EMFF is located in Brussels, Belgium.
- There is no single point of contact indicated on their site but the contact page lists various contact information.
COMPANIES THAT RECEIVED FUNDING
- Choose Water received funding from Sky Ocean Ventures to develop an alternative to the usual single-use PET bottle for drinking water.
- The company was able to create an entirely biodegradable container that can help reduce plastic pollution in the ocean.
OCEAN TECHNOLOGY DEFINITION AND BREAKDOWN
Some of the initial definition found on some of the categories under ocean technology are the following:
- Technology application in the shipping category revolves around new vessel material composition, use of advanced wireless technology and sensors during navigation, power generation, and other promising development.
- Wave technology harnesses the power of the ocean's waves for clean energy generation.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.