Office Task Chair Features - Higher Price Point
To understand what some of the top 3-5 features are that a customer looks for and values when buying an office task chair when the price tag is $200.00 or more. This customer must be the buyer, but not necessarily the user of the chair. An ideal response would be "At $200, a task chair MUST be ______for volume selling."
- According to The Consumer Guide, when buying a more expensive, or more commonly called "high-end office chair", consumers are looking for premium materials that are designed to last and hold up to everyday usage. This source also contains a list of 10 high-end office chairs with price tags over $200.00. The most common features seem to be adjustability, premium materials, and lumbar support.
- According to Office Furniture USA, the top ten things someone should consider before buying an office chair are ergonomics, overall comfort, size, base stability, overall durability, contouring and padding, fabric, corporate image, eco-friendliness, and quality and manufacturer reputation. This is supported by data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, American Time Use Survey, the “Ergonomics Link Comfort to Productivity,” Inc. magazine accessed March 2, 2012, via www.inc.com, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration website, osha.gov. However, this is not specific to high-end chairs, but one could extrapolate that it would be important if someone was spending over $200.00.
- One of the core benefits of expensive office chairs is that they are very comfortable. This means that you won’t get tired as fast as you would in a normal chair. By keeping your body and your spine in the right position using special adjustments, they increase your productivity and allow you to be more efficient.
- When someone owns a business, they might want to consider that buying a more expensive chair for their employees is a great idea as it is a proven fact that companies incur thousands of dollars in lost productivity and medical treatment costs every year.
- According to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, there are certain things to look for in any office chair, regardless of price, but one could extrapolate that at a higher price tag, these things would be expected and not a nice to have.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address the stated goals.
Summary Of Our Early Findings Relevant To The Goals
- Our initial hour of research did not find any publicly available sources, other than consumer reviews, that indicated what some of the top 3-5 features are that people look for when specifically buying an office task chair when the price is over $200.00. In addition, we could not find anything under "volume selling".
- As mentioned, we did find plenty of reviews, but not all of them relate to chairs that are over $200.00, but most of the chairs we looked at were over $200.00.
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the proposed scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.