Online Private Equity Marketplace Trends
To promote a proposed solution for the private equity marketplace industy by researching 4-5 recent trends in the area such as major challenges and investor experiences, along with examples of the trends.
Limitations to Exisiting Private Equity Systems
- Gainsight found that there are current limitations to existing private equity systems that is affecting customer success.
- Gainsight states that the challenges in customer success necessitates a separate platform. The four main challenges included blending a variety of data, analyzing the data in a scalable way, driving proactive human/digital outreach, and modeling clients the way they experience your platform.
- Private equity firms are using third-parties to help with internal valuation requirements for financial reporting since there is a large amount of capital and resources needed to make a deal.
- An example of a third-party being used is VRC.
- These third-parties can independently evaluate portfolio investments and allows the equity firm to outsource work that takes stress off of teams.
Continued Rise of Mega-Funds
- 2019's mega-fund numbers were projected to surpass those of 2018. An international report found that during the number of mega-funds from Q1 to Q3 was 4x as high as the same amount of time in 2018.
- Fintech companies are the leading industry in mega-funds. In 2018, venture capitals raised by U.S. tech start-ups totaled $100 million, which came from mega-funds. An example of a fintech company that used mega-funds was the San Francisco-company Blend.
Summary of Initial Research
- Through our initial hour of research we were able to find private equity market trends. However, they were not specifically related to platforms.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.