Online Tennis Community
To understand the online tennis community and audience to inform the marketing strategy for a new product.
- According to SimilarWeb, this website is ranked 27th among all worldwide tennis websites.
- The website saw 635,500 visits across desktop & mobile from the last 6 months.
- The average visit duration was 8:38, 6.47 pages per visit and only a 33.6% bounce rate. These are excellent engagement rates for a forum.
- Most visitors to Tennis Forum are from the US (38.5%), the Netherlands (9.6%), Australia (7.6%), UK (7%) and Poland (5.2%).
- Most of this website's visitors are direct (76.2%), though some come from search (20%).
- Visitors to the forum then go on to visit Twitter, Rank-Tennis.com or picture hosting websites (likely because they've clicked on a picture a forum user has posted).
- Tennis Forum visitors also visit other tennis forums (Mens Tennis Forums and Tennis Warehouse) and sports/tennis websites (Flashscore, WTA Tennis).
- Another statistical website also finds visitors from Germany and Mexico.
- This forum has a section for discussing tennis equipment. The section is not as active as other sections of the forum, with only 11 threads receiving posts in the last month.
- Tennis Forum is owned by VerticalScope, an enterprise hosting over 800 communities/forums.
- The forum encourages members from around the world, hosting language-specific threads.
- There were 151 active threads in the past 24 hours.
General Online Tennis Demographics
- Online, people who follow "tennis" on social media or other are 63% male and mostly older.
- Half are 45-64 years old. Only 6% are 18-24 years old.
- Those interested in "tennis equipment" are more evenly split male-female and skew slightly younger. These people are 22% 35-44, 23% 45-54 and 19% 55-64 years old.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We propose a deep dive into the engagement, demographics and relevant traffic data for 2-3 among the most popular tennis communities with among the highest traffic/member rates in the world. These can be forums, social media groups/websites or other relevant online community for tennis enthusiasts/players.
Furthermore, we can explore 2-3 case studies of major tennis product marketing campaigns. We will look at the messaging, channels for advertising/engagement and any metrics for success.