Oscar Mayer's Multicultural Approach
Gain an understanding of Oscar Mayer's approach to targeting multicultural groups with their advertising and products.
- Oscar Mayer is a well-known brand across many demographics, as one of the earliest companies advertising in the packaged meat space, launching their first campaign in the early 20th century.
- In 2019, they teamed with celebrity chef Oropeza to offer demonstrations and sampling at local multicultural events.
- Looking to target a broader audience, parent company Kraft Foods launched a line of meals co-branded with Oprah Winfrey.
- The company also partnered with AirBnb to find a way to target millennials of all cultures. The company offered their Weinermobile as an overnight rental.
- Another recent campaign involved seeking out college age brand ambassadors to drive their Weinermobile.
- While there was limited evidence of recent campaigns directly targeting multicultural audiences, several years ago Oscar Mayer ran a series of campaigns featuring Lola, the 'totally transparent' abuela, in order to target their Hispanic audience.
- The company also is currently running a campaign targeting US families during COVID, encouraging socially distanced front yard cookouts, and sponsoring non-profit Feeding America.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.