Outdoor and Activewear Brands - Social Media Audit
To gather information regarding the social media followers and type of posted content of Patagonia, Columbia, Arc'teryx, REI, Mountain Hardwear, Marmot, and Canada Goose, in order to understand the different positioning of these brands.
- Patagonia currently has over 1.6 million followers on Facebook, 4.4 million followers on Instagram, 457.5 thousand followers on Twitter, and 189 thousand subscribers on YouTube.
- This brand uses its Facebook page to post photos and videos with stories of outdoor athletes and their stories. More recently, it has posted about Covid-19 measures to take for the pandemic.
- Its Instagram content consists of photos of people doing outdoor sports while wearing Patagonia's outfits. Some pictures contain a story about the person.
- On their Twitter account, they have been recently posting about Covid-19 and advising customers on how to take precautions to avoid infections. Before the coronavirus pandemic, the brand posted photos of people wearing their outfits along with their stories. It also contains posts regarding recent news on world climate.
- Their YouTube channel contains videos of their products with different people describing each product's characteristics. Other videos show people using the products on natural environments, like forests or lakes.
- Analyzing all their social media platforms, the outdoor activities depicted in their posts are climbing, snow boarding, surfing, hiking, fishing, and skiing, among others.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.