To provide the following information on Abbott Labs: an overview of its corporate priorities, recent business and marketing events, quotes from its business and marketing leadership, and links to news articles on the company.
News Articles on Abbott Labs
- U.S. Approves Abbott Labs Five-Minute ‘Rapid’ Coronavirus Test: This news article by Forbes reports the US FDA's approval of Abbott Labs' "molecular test for the Coronavirus strain COVID-19," capable of delivering “positive results in as little as five minutes and negative results in 13 minutes.”
- Abbott And Insulet Partner To Integrate Next-Generation Glucose Sensing And Automated Insulin Delivery Technologies For Seamless Diabetes Care: Abbott and Insulet Corporation have gone into a partnership "to integrate Abbott's world-leading1 glucose sensing technology with Insulet's next-generation tubeless system, the Omnipod Horizon™ Automated Insulin Delivery (AID) System (Omnipod Horizon System)."
- Abbott Labs CEO on new coronavirus test launches: ‘There’s a need for more’: This news article by CNBC reports Abbott Labs' CEO, Miles White's interview with Jim Cramer. The FDA in March approved both of the COVID-19 test kits produced by Abbott, ID NOW COVID-19 and m2000 RealTime SARS-CoV-2.
- Abbott Aims To Optimize Tavi Implants With European Approval Of Flexnav™ Delivery System For The Company's Portico™ Valve: Abbott recently announced that it has received the "CE Mark for the new FlexNav™ delivery system for the company's Portico™ transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) system."
- Ride Abbott To $100 With Its New COVID-19 Test?: This news article by Forbes reports Abbott Labs' growth during the COVID-19 pandemic. The company's valuation is expected to increase "20% from the current levels."
- Abbott Introduces Next-Generation Heart Rhythm Management Devices In Europe, Featuring State-Of-The-Art Patient App And Bluetooth Connectivity: Abbott Labs in February 2020 announced that it has received "CE Mark for the new Gallant™ implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) and cardiac resynchronization therapy defibrillator (CRT-D) devices."
- Abbott Shipping 150,000 Coronavirus Tests: This news article was published by Morning Star. Abbott Labs is currently shipping "150,000 Abbott RealTime SARS-CoV-2 EUA tests to existing customers in the U.S. The tests are used on Abbott's m2000 RealTime System." The company is "ramping up production" to provide "up to 1 million tests per week."
- Abbott's Freestyle® Libre 14 Day System Now Available In U.S. For Hospitalized Patients With Diabetes During COVID-19 Pandemic: In April 2020, Abbott announced that "the FreeStyle Libre 14 day system, the world's leading3 continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) technology, can now be used in the hospital setting during the COVID-19 pandemic."
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.