SimpliSafe Company Analysis
Obtain an overview of the SimpliSafe home security company including its founding and erly years history, a background on the company's founder, current product offerings, customer base numbers, any financial success data such as sales, website visits, revenue generated, profit, or others, marketing strategy and how it has evolved, social media presence and insights on what the company and its customers are posting, and recent positive or negative news or press releases. The information will be used to target SimpliSafe as an advertising sponsorship prospect.
SimpliSafe Company Analysis
- SimpliSafe provides home security systems and can help homeowners to protect their properties against "intruders, fires, water damage, medical emergencies, and other danger."
- The company was founded in 2006 and is based in Boston, Massachusetts, United States.
- It has around 501 to 1,000 employees.
- Its CEO and Founder is Chad Laurans.
- He is the company's CEO from June 2006 up to the present.
- He used to be an associate at Apax Partners from May 2002 to May 2004.
- He also beame an Analyst for Goldman Sachs from June 2000 to May 2002.
- He completed his MBA from the Harvard Business School and his B.S. Electrical Engineering Degree from Yale University.
- The company's security offerings consists of a key fob that can be used to arm or disarm with one touch. It also has a secret panic button for calling law enforcement officials.
- It also includes an HD security camera that can provide a remote real-time view of happenings inside the house.
- The security system also includes a base station that controls the entire setup. It is equipped with an embedded cell connection that can immediately send a notification to the company's emergency dispatch center.
- It also comes with a motion sensor that can notify the homeowner of the presence of an intruder.
- A smoke detector is also included for early fire fighter detection. The system can also call for firefighters immediately if needed.
- The included entry sensor guards entryways as well.
- There is also a water sensor to notify homeowners of any leaks happening inside the house.
- A panic button is also included to immediately sound the alarm. A silent panic option is also included.
- The system also has a temperature sensor that can send an alert if the temperature reach dangerous levels.
- It also has a glassbreak sensor that can send an alarm if a glass is broken.
- The system also comes with a keypad to control the system.
- Its security cameras are all overseen on a 24/7 basis by professionals who can immediately call for police assistance if needed.
- The company maintains official Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube accounts.
- On Twitter, the company's messaging is the following: "Protecting over 3 million Americans. Named "the best home security system" by the Verge, Wirecutter and more."
- It has 10,700 followers on Twitter.
Proprietary Research Available
We found some proprietary research from one of our data partners which may be helpful:
Table 20 Figure 3-6 - SimpliSafe Smart Home Security System ($100.05)
If you'd like us to purchase this report on your behalf, just let us know!
Summary of Findings
Our one hour of initial research provided an overview of the SimpliSafe home security company including its founding year, product offerings, CEO background, and a brief information on its social media presence.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.