Wellness Programs for Seniors
Provide an overview of tech companies in the US that are focused on helping seniors identify virtual wellness programs and create wellness schedules. For each company identified, provide a description of the company, their primary features, an estimate of their user base size, and pricing.
- Mighty Health is a fitness and wellness app focused on seniors. It is based out of San Francisco, CA.
- The company has raised $2.8 million in funding from sources such as Y Combinator, NextView Ventures, RRE Ventures, Liquid2 Ventures, Soma Capital and others.
- The platform provides live coaching, content for seniors focused on nutrition, healthcare and workouts, and "celebrations that let family members tune into their loved ones’ achievements."
- The Virtual YMCA is an online platform created by the YMCA in response to COVID-19 shutdowns.
- The platform offers classes for everyone, but focuses on seniors. For seniors, it provides "free, online workouts for older adults including its signature classes to enhance older adult fitness."
- The platform is accompanied by a Facebook page for seniors to stay engaged with peers during the closures.
- Optum has created the Optum Virtual Community Center, which provides "free access to online exercise, nutrition and mental health classes" specifically geared towards seniors.
- The videos can be accessed on their YouTube channel and focus on "seated tai chi, qi gong, strength and balance, yoga, and Pilates classes. The videos also include brain and emotional health exercises, art activities and nutrition tips."
The research team found multiple examples of online platforms for senior wellness, but did not find any companies specifically focused on creating senior wellness schedules.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.