Lifestyle Apps - Valuation and Funding
To understand the valuation of lifestyle apps focused on the development of habits, by identifying what the app is, how it was valuated or funded during Seed and Series A Funding, and, when available, key performance indicators, to perform a benchmarking exercise.
- Seed funding is defined as the "first official equity funding stage. It typically represents the first official money that a business venture or enterprise raises."
- Meanwhile, Series A funding is defined as "an investment in a privately-held, start-up company after it has shown progress in building its business model and demonstrates the potential to grow and generate revenue."
- Simple Habit is an app focused on meditation and the development of this practice as a habit. Further information about its funding and valuation can be found on the attached spreadsheet.
Summary of Findings
- We used this initial hour of research to build a spreadsheet and identify 10 apps focused on lifestyle with emphasis on the development of habits, and assessing the availability of funding information for these apps. We have provided the required information for one of the identified apps, Simple Habit and the remaining 9 identified apps on the attached spreadsheet.
- We did not have time to provide the required information for the other 9 identified apps. This information can be added to the attached spreadsheet during further hours of research.
- During our initial research we identified that information for both seed funding and Series A funding is not always available. Similarly, valuation information is not always disclosed, and the type of valuation (e.g. pre-money, post-money) varies. Therefore, we would clarify, when available, which type of valuation was found for each app as part of our continued research.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.