Parental Behavior Trends
To find current and future trends surrounding parenting.
CURENT PARENTING TRENDS
- A practice of revealing the gender of the baby-to-be, by throwing a party for close friends and relatives, has been trending in recent times.
- This practice has taken up a certain hype over the last few years.
- People look towards gender reveal parties as another reason to celebrate and be happy, hence the trend has been getting a grip.
2-Limited Screen Time
- Kids these days are extremely engaged in mobile devices for which parents are now taking action.
- Studies show that uncontrolled screen time can cause sleep disorder, obesity and many other health issues, which has urged parents to take action.
FUTURE PARENTING TRENDS
1-Going Gender Neutral
- Parents may start giving less preference to gender-specific toys/accessories for their children.
- Beginning from the name of the child to his/her clothes and even party themes will be gender neutral.
- This trend is being driven by parents thinking that this practice may give the child complete liberty to follow his/her aspirations rather than the ones imposed by the society.
2-Social Media Boycott
- Parents will increasingly favor quitting social media for their children.
- This trend will be driven by parents thinking social media is getting too distracting/invasive and they are unable to pay undivided attention to their children.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.