Percentage of Adults With Tattoos (Survey Source)
To identify the original source of a recent New York Post article in order to find out the percentage of adults living in New York City who also have tattoos which might be used in a social media post.
- The original survey source from the New York Post article is the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), Bureau of Epidemiology Services. The survey is titled, New York City Health Opinion Poll (NYC HOP) Topline Reports: Findings from HOP2.
- The survey’s methodology includes the following details:
- The purpose of the survey was to assess New Yorkers' awareness, knowledge, and opinions about health, DOHMH, and health-related public events.
- The survey sampled 1,195 adults aged 18 and over who live in NYC.
- The survey was conducted between April 16-May10, 2019.
- 8.8% of New Yorkers have had a microblading or permanent makeup procedure; 7.9% have had a microneedling procedure, and 5.3% had a scalp micro pigmentation (i.e., hair tattooing) procedure.
- Additional demographics about tattooed New Yorkers are directly available on page 27 of the original survey.
- Ipsos, a global market and opinion research firm, conducted a survey in August 2019 of 1,005 US adults 18+ and found that 30% have at least 1 tattoo, which is an increase from 2012.
- Tattooing in New York City was illegal from 1961 to 1997.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.