Digital Transformation Success
To understand what ratio of enterprises have achieved their digital transformation (DX) objectives and what they did to be successful.
- A McKinsey report found that only 16% of companies say their DX have improved performance. 7% more say they saw some improvement but it was not sustained.
- Digitally-savvy industries have slightly higher success rates, though not exceeding 26%. More traditional industries, however, report around 4-11% success rates with DX.
- Digital transformation tends to be more successful at smaller companies.
- 70% of companies say they either have a DX strategy in place or are "working on one".
- One expert believes only 1 in 8 (12.5%) of Forbes Global 2000 companies have been successful with their DX.
- One survey found 18% of organizations rated their DX as "very effective".
- IDC predicts that 40% of DX initiatives will be supported by AI.
- Toptal identifies six elements to a successful DX: leadership, boldness, agility, data focus, adaptivity and tech-driven talent.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.