Banking Account Users
Understand the percentage of the population in the US, UK, Brazil, and Australia that have accounts with Citi, N26, Itau, and Commonwealth Bank.
- The United States has an estimated population of 329.95 million people as of 2019.
- According to the company's 2018 annual report, the company had 142 million credit card accounts, 55 million branded card accounts, and 86 million retail card accounts globally, however, they do not segment their numbers by region.
- In 2016, a report was released claiming that in the United States, Citi bank had 95.4 million accounts worth $146.22 billion.
- By calculating the most recent reports of United States accounts vs the United States population, we found that in 2016, 28.9% of the population had an account with Citibank. (95.4/329.95=0.289)
- In 2019, the United Kingdom had a population of 66.44 million people.
- N26 is a private company and does not release financial or account statistics publicly.
- According to a 2018 report, the company generated 9.57 million Euros from loans amounting to 14 Euros per customer. If we calculate 9.57 million/14 we can estimate the number of United Kingdom customers was 683,571.
- Using these numbers, we can calculate that 1.03% of the United Kingdom population holds an account at N26 (683,571/66.44 million=0.0103).
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.