The Terry Fox Run
To provide the current general perception and level of participation in the Terry Fox Run amongst younger and older demographics in Canada, specifically among Gen Z and younger millennials. Additionally, to determine where the Terry Fox Run ranks in a list of causes that Canadians care about and whether this has changed over the years. To provide year-on-year levels of donations trends and year-on-year levels of participation trends. To determine whether the Terry Fox run is losing steam with the Canadian population and if awareness is lower with Gen Z and younger millennials than in the past.
Perception of Terry Fox Run
- Terry's inspirational story and the tagline "Marathon of Hope," has made the Terry Fox Run a Canadian icon of hope and perseverance.
- Terry Fox's Run is perceived as something that unites Canadians towards a common purpose: raising funding for cancer research.
- Many people are inspired to participate or donate because of their own experiences with cancer either personally or with a loved one.
Participation in Terry Fox Run
- Terry Fox Runs are held every September in more than 9,000 communities across Canada. In addition to community and regional events, corporate bodies such as Four Seasons also organize their own annual events.
- There are tens of thousands of participants at events across Canada each September.
- Both the young and old participate in the Terry Fox Run events, it is a family event and participants can walk, run, ride or rollerblade.
Ranking in List of Causes in Canada
- As per Charity Intelligence's ratings, Terry Fox Foundation has an A- rating in results reporting and + rating in financial transparency.
Year on Year Donations
- According to the 2018 annual accounts, the revenue earned within Canada from annual giving increased from $21.6 million in 2017 to $21.8 million in 2018.
- The Foundation has raised more than $750 million through community and school runs across Canada and internationally.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.