US Perfume Market
Insights on the US online & offline perfume market, including its market size, demographics & personality of online versus offline perfume buyers, and why people buy perfumes online versus in physical stores.
- According to Statista, the US fragrances industry - which is defined as the "consumer market for perfume and Eau de Toilette and any fragrances which cover normal body odor" is currently worth $8.3 billion.
- Around 80% of women in the US use frangrance products, including perfumes, regularly. Women are 35% more likely to wear a fragrance that dictates their mood than men.
- Exactly 46% of the US fragrance industry comprises designer fragrance brands which cost $75 or more.
- Around 32% of perfume buyers in the US state that they are strongly infludenced by promotions or discounts while purchasing perfume products in physical stores.
- In reference to shopping online, 69% of people in the US who buy their perfumes online are heavily influenced by the price of the product.
- Millennials (18 to 29 year olds) account for the largest share of Americans who use perfumes everyday at 44%, closely followed by Gen Xers (30 to 59 year olds), 41%.
- Within our one hour of background research, we were unable to find the market size of the online versus offline perfume industry in the US. We believe this data is unavailable in the public domain.
- We also found that there is no significant different between Americans who buy perfumes online and those who buy perfumes in physical stores.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We recommend proceeding with a demographic profile (age, gender, race/ethnicity, income level, and educational level) and a psychographic profile (consumer attitudes - including why they buy perfumes, habits, and values) of perfume buyers in the US. The demographic and psychographic categories mentioned may be substituted with others such as marital status and attitudes, as necessary.
In addition, we suggest research on 3-5 of the most cited/mentioned reasons US perfume buyers purchase perfumes in physical stores and 3-5 reasons they purchase them online. We will explain each reason and provide any hard data/statistical information backing up our reasons.
It might be helpful to be aware of consumer trends in the US perfume industry. We propose additional research on 3-5 of such trends. Each consumer trend will be thoroughly explained.