Pet Food Industry
To understand the purchasing habits of healthy pet food buyers in the US.
- Millennials pet owners are extremely willing to try 'healthy' or natural-branded pet food before "normal" mass-produced brands/varieties.
- Contamination and safety are key considerations when deciding which pet food brands to buy.
- Millennials prefer labeling which is transparent. They prefer foods that are labeled as 'holistic', non-GMO, organic and grain-free.
- Pet owners today say they would sacrifice things for themselves to afford higher-quality pet food.
- Millennial pet owners have less brand loyalty than ever. They use their phones to compare prices and products and often use QR codes to get extra discounts when buying.
- Younger pet owners "are invested in a learning journey" when it comes to gathering information. They are actually more likely to involve their veterinarian AND other staff at the clinic in their decision-making and follow a vet's recommendations. They enjoy gathering information from many sources.
- Cat owners across generations spend more time information-gathering than dog owners.
- Younger owners are more likely to use alternative communication (like social media) to communicate with their vet and seek recommendations.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.