Consulting Engagements with Pfizer + Pharma
Provide an overview of how other management consulting firms are engaging with Pfizer and other major pharmaceutical companies in the U.S. during the COVID-19 pandemic, and how the pharma businesses are responding and benefiting from these interactions.
- According to Pfizer's website, the pharmaceutical company works closely with health care professionals and consultants to provide them with information to guide their designs of clinical research studies, evaluating medicine safety and effectiveness, and identifying areas of study that might be of interest to the company.
- Pfizer mentions that they will cover the cost of travel, food, and other expenses involved when consulting with health care professionals, advisors, marketers, etc.
- Pfizer states the following on their website about how they choose professional advisors and consultants to partner with: "Pfizer works with health care professionals to gain their advice and input regarding the best uses and designs for our medicines and on how to improve and market our products for use in real-world settings."
Other Consulting Firms
- The founder of health care consulting firm Avalere Health stated that he believes pharmaceutical companies should use the COVID-19 pandemic as an opportunity to rebrand where necessary and possible.
- Jeremy Levin of Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) recommends that pharmaceutical companies come together during this time in some sort of COVID-19 program to better market products and come up with solutions.
- Bain & Company published "Bain's Situational Threat Report (SITREP) Index for the COVID-19 outbreak that provides information on the severity of the pandemic with respect to threat levels, disease conditions, and contingency plans. They recommend that businesses use it as a method of how to react to the outbreak.
- Clarks Consulting is recommending that pharmaceutical companies invest more in digital analytics, engagement, and training during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Johnson & Johnson partnered with the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic in order to fund vaccine research. BARDA was able to reach this deal with J&J as a result of their existing agreement with the J&J Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies division.
- McKinsey & Co. created a "Provider Preparedness Checklist" for healthcare organizations, clinical operations, supply chain, and suppliers to use during the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure the safety and good health of their personnel. The list is free to use and download on McKinsey's website.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.