Generating Additional Revenue: Physicians
To find information on how/what physicians are willing to do to generate extra income/revenue i.e. from a time and effort perspective.
- There are a variety of things that physicians can do to earn extra revenue. Some activities that doctors can do to earn extra income include medical reviews, medical surveys, telemedicine, being an expert witness, business investments such as investments in real estate, and locum tenens i.e. where a doctor works in the place of a regular physician when that physician is absent.
- Physician side hustles that are directly related to patients include:
- Telemedicine - here, doctors can offer their services to their own patients, other patients, and online consultations to third-party companies. Large telemedicine organizations that doctors work for on the side include Amwell and Teladoc.
- Medical consulting - here, doctors can provide their expertise and advice from a medical perspective to a variety of companies and services. Medical consulting clients include technology companies that are developing healthcare products, pharma companies that are developing/testing a new drug, and startups that are building products and services for the healthcare industry.
- Concierge services - doctors can also offer concierge services to patients as a way of earning extra income using their clinical practice.
Summary of Findings
- In our initial hour of research, we tried to search for publicly available reports and survey on what physicians are willing to do to earn extra revenue. However, most of the available information was on recommended things that doctors can do to earn an extra income.
- From the client comment, we decided to focus on side hustles that physicians can do that are related to patients as this would directly address the comments. We were able to find a couple of side hustles that are related to patients and we have presented them above.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.