Pivot Case Studies
To prove the power of the pivot by obtaining 2 inspiring case studies about different types of pivots (course corrections) outlined in this article.
Groupon — Customer Need Pivot
- Details about Groupon's successful pivot have been provided in this spreadsheet.
- Groupon began as an online platform known as The Point. Initially, the start-up enabled "people to come together to support causes that were important to them".
- The company then added a new feature called Groupon. This feature allowed users to bargain for discounts collectively. This new feature became more successful than their cause-based features, so the start-up applied a customer need pivot to offer discounted gift certificates to its customers instead.
- Groupon transformed "into a company that was worth $16B at its peak".
- It is currently valued at $1.4 billion.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.