At-Home Escape Games
To identify players of at-home escape game products with their product and pricing.
- ThinkFun’s two Escape The Room games were the first home escape games to hit the market.
Their games include Mystery at the Stargazer’s Manor, Secret of Dr. Gravely’s Retreat, and The Cursed Dollhouse.
- Their games put more emphasis on story than most of the other mass-market games. Their games have no app or website, but use a codewheel to check solutions.
Escape the Room: Mystery at the Stargazer's Manor is priced at $19.84 on Amazon, while the Secret of Dr. Gravely’s Retreat
is priced at $34.95.
- The Exit series was designed by Inka and Markus Brand and has sold over four million copies.
- The Exit series is published by Kosmos.
- Some of their games include The Mysterious Museum, The Sunken Treasure, The Haunted Roller Coaster, The House of Riddles, The Stormy Flight, The Abandoned Cabin, The Forgotten Island, The Polar Station, The Sinister Mansion, Theft on the Mississippi, and others.
- "Each game uses a set of illustrations that both set the scene and provide clues. Additional cards are used as the answer verification mechanism, in combination with a codewheel, and still more cards provide per-puzzle hints. An app is available as a timer but is not necessary to play.
- Each box costs roughly £13.
- Unlock! is another market leader whose games are available either individually or in box sets of three.
- Their games include Escape Adventures, Mystery Adventures, Secret Adventures, and others.
Unlock!'s game designers include Alice Carroll, Thomas Cauët, and Cyril Demaegd. It also has 10 publishers, including ADC Blackfire Entertainment, Asmodee, Space Cowboys, Asterion Press, and others.
- All Unlock! titles consist of a "deck of cards, as well as an app which is an integral part of the game."
- Unlock! games cost $24.
- For the initial hour, we tried identifying as much of the requested information as possible. We were able to identify some early insights on games and players such as ThinkFun, Exit, and Unlock!. Specific industry or market research reports on this did not appear immediately available in this search.
- Research indicates that other games are available, including Deckscape, Escape Room The Game (by Spin Masters), and Escape Room in a Box (Kickstarter). We can continue researching this further if this is of interest.
- In the course of our research, we also came across insights on escape puzzles by games publisher Ravensburger, which might also be of interest.
- Feel free to add or select an option below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.