B2B Marketers - Current Challenges Research
To have a broad understanding of 4-5 of the top challenges for B2B marketers today. An ideal response would include a list of these challenges, along with a summary of what each is, and why it matters.
- A geographic focus was not provided to us, so we assumed a United States focus. If a more broad approach is desired, for example, a global focus, this would have to be clearly communicated to us in any reply.
- Napier reveals that as far as they are concerned, the top ten B2B marketing challenges are content creation, ensuring and demonstrating value, making the best use of marketing technology, marketing automation, lead generation, awareness, data management, video creation, marketing strategy, and training a team.
- According to this recent Forbes article, the top 5 obstacles (challenges) B2B marketers face are generating quality leads (mentioned by Napier above), knowing the right target audience, proving return on investment (mentioned by Napier), optimizing the company website (mentioned by Napier), and strategic marketing planning (mentioned by Napier).
- According to another recent Forbes article, organizing B2B marketing should be customer-centric. The author states that "despite all the rhetoric around customer obsession, customer centricity, and customer experiences, most B2B marketers still build their go-to-market programs on some internally referenced basis, like products, key geographies, or an industry event." This assertion is supported by the following data gleaned from a recent survey of B2B marketers: "Just 47% told us that customer needs drove their marketing strategies. Only 40% say that they prioritize solving customers’ problems over promoting their products."
- Fifty Five and Five believes that the four biggest B2B marketing challenges are standing out online (echoed by Napier and Forbes), setting a brand apart (echoed by Napier), the changing customer buyer journey, and lead generation (echoed by Forbes and Napier).
- Four customer experience challenges facing B2B marketers according to CMO by Adobe are elevating customer experience (CX) at every touch point along the purchase cycle, providing personalized and relevant communications, connecting with customers emotionally, and leveraging data to inform marketing programs. All four of these challenges are also mentioned by the Napier and the Forbes articles in some capacity.
Summary Of Our Early Findings Relevant To The Goals
- Our initial hour of research was spent finding commonalities among credible and reliable sources confirming some top challenges faced by B2B marketers. We found more than the required 4-5.
- As mentioned at the top of this document, we were not provided a geographic focus for this research so we assumed a United States view. If a more broad approach is desired, for example, a global focus, this would have to be clearly communicated to us in any reply.
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the proposed scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.