Sharing Customer Testimonials - Best Practices
To provide 8-10 examples of best practices in sharing or promoting customer testimonials. For each best practice, 1) describe what it is, 2) explain why it's considered a best practice, and 3) illustrate why it matters. Provide quantitative data wherever possible. Research will be used to discover the most effective ways for a brand to share positive testimonials to attract new customers.
During this initial hour of research, we were able to identify two best practices in sharing or promoting customer testimonials: designing a testimonial page for a company website and social media sharing. For the purposes of this research, we defined "best" as practices that are mentioned repeatedly across trusted media sources and industry journals, as well as marketing and advertising blogs.
Best Practice #1: Include a Dedicated Testimontial Page on the Company's Website
- A company can include a specific page on its website to showcase customer testimonials. This tactic has powerful potential, and the way in which a company designs this page can also highlight its creativity.
- One benefit to showcasing testimonials on a dedicated page is that search engines like Google will index it. Applying search engine optimization (SEO) strategies like keyword placement is a good way to ensure that a company's website regularly appears as top hit in search results.
- A dedicated testimonial page on a company's website makes more reviews visible to site visitors, which can increase conversion rates by as much as 58% and generate 62% more revenue per customer. Website visitors will make purchases more often and spend more money.
- Testimonials on a company's website should be personal, authentic, and include a photograph of a happy customer.
Best Practice #2: Share Testimonials on Social Media
- There are an estimated 3.7 billion active social media users worldwide. A company can post reviews and testimonials to its social media pages like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest to reach a wide audience of potential customers.
- Almost 70% of US consumers use Facebook, 37% use Instagram, 28% are active on Pinterest, and 22% have a Twitter account.
- Social media also provides a dynamic platform where users can engage with a company and fellow consumers. Promoting testimonials via social media can garner likes, comments, and re-posts by existing followers. It can lead to a wider consumer base as more people are exposed to a company's brand, message, and reputation.
- A business can incorporate hashtags that highlight company values, its reputation, and product quality or effectiveness to promote brand awareness.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.