Top Truck Manufacturers
The goal is to identify 5-7 of the top truck manufacturers in North America, the brands they own, and their market shares to build a graphic.
- Some of the top truck manufacturers in North America are Navistar, PACCAR, and Volvo.
- PACCAR owns the truck brands Peterbilt and Kenworth and has a revenue of $19.1 billion.
- PACCAR has a Class 8 market share in North America of 29.4% and a medium-duty market share of 17.7%.
- Kenworth slightly outperforms Peterbilt and has a market share of 14%, while Peterbilt has a market share of 13%.
- Navistar owns the International LoneStar model and has a 19.3% market share.
- Volvo has a 10% market share and owns Mack Trucks.
- Mack Trucks has 7.2% of the Class 8 market share.
- Daimler has a Class 6-8 market share of 38.4%.
- Freightliner Trucks had a 2018 market share of 36.3%.
- Western Star Trucks had a 2018 market share of 2.3%.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.