Media Spend in Plumbing
To find the average marketing spend within California's plumbing industry to guide marketing efforts for a plumbing services client.
- According to DP marketing services, between 9-10% of a plumbing company's revenue should be allocated to marketing. The Small Business Administration recommends that 7-8% of revenue be ploughed back into the business towards marketing.
- The size of California's plumbing and HVAC industry is $19.7 billion.
- Ideally, the plumbing and HVAC industry in California should be spending $1.97 billion (10%*$19.7 billion) on marketing.
Digital Marketing Metrics
- The average cost per customer acquisition for the professional services industry--electricians, contractors, plumbers, hair, etc.--in the United States (survey sample of United States, Canada, and Australia) is $49.74 (without machine learning).
- The cost per click for the professional services industry is $3.55 without ML and $3.25 with ML.
- The professional services industry has a conversion rate higher than all other industries: 7.88% without ML and 8.47% with ML.
- Based on the fact that the professional services industry has a higher digital marketing conversion rate than any other industry, and given that digital marketing has a higher share of media spend than traditional media, digital is the best media vehicle for marketing plumbing services.
- Ninety-seven percent of consumers search for plumbing services on the internet. A blog more than quadruples the chances of ranking high on search results.
- Nearly two in three (63%) consumers engage with a company via its website; 30% would not consider the services of a company that does not have a website.
- Over two in three (70%) expect a company to have a social media presence.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.