To identify Democrat political action committees (PACs) that spend the most amount of money on overall marketing and digital marketi
- The largest Democratic super PAC, Priorities USA, has earmarked $150 million towards marketing and outreach activities for 2020, according to a recent report by the Hill.
- So far, Priorities USA has spent $2.7 million on media marketing in the 2020 election cycle, according to data from OpenSecrets.
- Need to Impeach, a Democratic PAC, has spent $12.6 million so far on media and marketing activities in the 2020 election cycle.
- The Senate Majority PAC has the second-highest spending level so far in the 2020 election cycle. The Democratic PAC has expended about $9.6 million on media and marketing activties. In the 2018 election cycle, the PAC spent a total of $113 million on media marketing.
- American Bridge 21st Century, another Democratic PAC, has spent $6.6 million on media and marketing activities in the 2020 election cycle.
- Persist PAC has spent $2 million so far on media and marketing activities in the 2020 election cycle.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
In our preliminary hour of research, we were able to identify five Democratic Pacs that have spent a considerable sum of money on the 2020 election cycle. We'd recommend we continue with the project by identifying 8 - 10 Democrat political action committees (PACs) and the total amount they spend on overall marketing and digital marketing. Feel free to share any additional details you may have regarding the project.
In line with the goals of your project, we are also recommending research - to identify the top 8 - 10 individual donors to Democratic PACs in the 2020 election cycle. For each, we will provide their names and the total amount of money they have contributed so far.