Non-Profit and Political Creative Marketplace Spend
To find the TAM for non-profit and political organisations creative marketplace.
Creative Agencies Specialized in Non-Profits
- Non-profits vary in size and importance, which has a direct impact on their budget.
- Whilst some non-profits raise millions of dollars and can benefit from large budgets to spend on outside creatove work, others can only afford a minimal budget.
- There are some creative agencies, such as Fifty & Fifty, that cater for all types of budgets, and work especially with non-profits
- They adjust by reducing their profit margin, and by hiring people that tend to have a positive attitude towards non-profits.
- The company can work for as low as $500.
Non-Profits Budget Structure
- Non-profits spend around 60% to 90% of their budget on staff expenses.
- 20% of non-profits do not budget for marketing at all and try to fund this activity only if there is an urgent need.
- 7% of non-profits do not spend anything at all on marketing.
- Most of the ones that budget for marketing affect less than 5% of their budget to marketing.
Examples of Non-Profits Budgets
- Out of operating expenses of $147 million, United Way, one of the largest U.S. charities, has spent $10 million in 2017 on brand strategy and marketing. This is close to 7%.
Non-Profits Attitudes Towards Creative Agencies
- Most non-profits organizations tends to be reluctant when it comes to contract a marekting agency to run a campaign for them.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
After initial research, we propose to provide 3-5 data points on non-profits or political organizations spend on outside creative work in the U.S.
Alternatively, we propose to provide a list of 10 creative agencies that specialize in working with non-profits. For each company, we will provide the name, link, strategy, and revenue if available.