Popular Fintech Apps
To understand the most popular payment/savings apps in various countries in order to mine insights.
- Paypal is most likely the most popular payment app in the UK, with over 20 million users in the UK.
- Venmo is also very popular in the UK, however, it is unclear how many UK users it has.
- Paypal is the parent company of Venmo and they announced in April 2019 that Venmo has over 40 million users globally.
- Venmo is targeted at millennials and is generally popular among millennials and Gen Zs.
- Other popular payment apps in the UK include Facebook Messenger, Google Pay, Paym, SnapCash, and Pingit, but it is unclear how they rank as data on the number of users, revenue, or market share in the UK is unavailable.
- Money Dashboard is probably the most popular savings app in the UK with over 450,000 users and one million linked bank accounts.
- Chip is also popular with over 30,000 users, but it is unclear how other popular savings' app such as Squirrel, Moneyhub, and Yolt compare.
- Our preliminary search for data on the most used payment/savings app in Canada and Brazil suggests that data on users, revenue, or market share of such apps operating in any of the countries is unavailable.
Proprietary Research Available
- Bolster your final deliverable with proprietary research from Euromonitor International for an additional $2,100. This research includes details and data on the financial cards and payments methods (including mobile app payment) in the UK.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.