Educational Travel Trends
To obtain current trends related to educational travel. This research would be used to educate a marketing team on the current happenings in the educational travel market.
- According to the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), educational travel accounts for approximately 35% to 40% of tourism.
- Baby boomers are currently influencing the educational travel market significantly. This demographic of travelers are demanding locally sourced food and upgraded amenities.
- Also, baby boomers prefer a small group size when traveling. AARP reports that 14% of baby boomers "travel in order to learn something new."
- According to TrekkSoft, ecological tours are currently the most popular tours being offered by many tour and activity businesses. These ecological tours are usually rare experiences aimed at educating and sharing inside information about a particular area, including how to protect the area for the future.
- In a survey conducted by Skift, "97% of student travelers said that traveling boosted their confidence."
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.