To obtain the state populations of California, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Illinois, and Texas, as well as an understanding of the state population breakdown by major cities versus non-major cities.
- California is the first state to reach a popuation of 40,000,000 as of 2019.
- The state has 482 municipalities and 58 counties.
- Over 50% of the state's population live in the five counties of Orange, Riverside, Los Angeles, San Diego and San Bernardino.
- Three cities in California have populations of near 1 million: Los Angeles has 4 million; San Diego has 1.4 million; San Jose has population of 984,000.
- The next two largest cities are San Francisco with a population of 883,000 and Fresno with a population of 530,000.
- Over 19% of the population in California live in these 5 cities.
- Maryland has an estimated 2020 population of 6.08 million.
- The state has 153 municipalities in 23 counties.
- The most populous counties in Maryland are Montgomery County (1.04 million), Prince George's County (906,000), Baltimore County (828,000), Baltimore City/County (615,000), and Anne Arundel County (568,000). Over 65% of the population live in these 5 counties.
- The top 5 most populous cities in Maryland are Baltimore (615,000), Columbia (104,000), Germantown (91,000), Silver Spring (80,000), and Waldorf (75,000). Over 16% of the population live in these 5 cities.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.