UK Self-Cleaning Portable Toilet Market
To understand the potential market in the UK for a new self-cleaning portable toilet by obtaining an assessment of this industry, including the total addressable market (TAM) in revenue (GBP) for self-cleaning portable toilets in the UK, any key segments/sectors within this industry, the top five manufacturers of portable toilets, a comprehensive list of global manufacturers for self-cleaning portable toilets, the top ten industries that spend the most on portable toilets, the portable toilet features that are most desired by consumers and that are most commonly available, a SWOT analysis of the UK self-cleaning portable toilet industry and a PESTLE analysis for this market.
- The first hour of research indicated that there is limited, publicly available information regarding the self-cleaning segment of the portable toilet industry, including the total addressable market for this industry in the UK.
- Moreover, available estimates for the scale of the larger portable toilet industry vary dramatically, from a global market size of $200 million in 2018 (Adroit Market Research) and $245.5 million in 2020 (360 Research Reports) up to well over a billion dollars during the same period (Coherent Market Insights).
- However, the research team eventually located what appears to be a reasonably credible, if slightly dated estimate for the market size of the UK portable toilet rental industry, which was published by UK-based waterless toilet company Loowatt.
- Specifically, Loowatt reported in a recent investor presentation that the market for portable rental toilets in the UK was over £800 million
as of 2015.
- Meanwhile, industry experts appear to agree that the portable toilet industry as a whole is experiencing a period of growth, citing CAGR estimates that range from 3.5% and 6.6% to even 10.4%
- Although the growth rate of the portable toilet industry in the UK does not appear to be publicly available, Adroit Market Research highlights that the number of portable toilet outlets in the UK is forecast to grow and contribute meaningfully to demand for portable toilets "over the foreseeable years."
- This growth appears to be due to a number of factors, including an increased focus on sanitation and hygiene, growth in tourism and legal mandates.
- Five of the largest manufacturers of portable toilets globally are NuConcepts, Satellite, Sanitech, Polyjohn Enterprises and Camco Manufacturing.
- Although initial research indicates there may be as many as 74 manufacturers of self-cleaning portable toilets, further research will be required to produce a more curated list of verified suppliers.
Industry End Users
Portable Toilet Features
- Manufacturers are increasingly embracing technology and environmental concerns in the design of portable toilets, and are introducing related features such as low water consumption and remote operation/monitoring.
- Other portable toilet features include non-slip flooring, baby-changing tables, interior lighting and accessibility options.
- Further research will be required to determine the portable toilet features that are most desired by consumers and/or are most commonly available.
Summary of Initial Findings
- The research team spent the initial hour of research confirming the availability of information about the self-cleaning portable toilet market as well as the larger portable toilet industry, and provided an initial synthesis of relevant findings, with a particular focus on the scale and growth trajectory of the portable toilet industry in the UK.
- The research team determined that there is relatively limited, pre-compiled data regarding the size of the UK's portable toilet industry or manufacturers of self-cleaning portable toilets.
- However, information appears to more readily accessible related to the types of portable toilets, key portable toilet manufacturers, the industries that procure the most portable toilets and portable toilet features.
- Notably, time constraints during the initial research period did not allow for the completion of a SWOT or PESTLE analysis of the UK self-cleaning portable toilet industry.
- Considering these findings, the research team recommends proceeding with the following next steps to address the stated goals of this research project in the most cost-efficient and productive manner possible.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.