To obtain a list of POS companies and gain insights into the market size and CAGR for the POS systems market in the US and Canada.
- An Ibis World report that estimated that the US Point of Sale Software Developers industry revenue would increase at an annualized rate of 16.9% to reach $2.3 billion.
- On the other hand, Market Watch reports that the global Point of Sale(POS) System market was valued at $6.4 billion in 2018 and is expected to reach $15.3 billion by the end of 2024, growing at a CAGR of 15.7% between 2019 and 2024.
- In 2017, the global point of sale software market was valued at $12.9 billion and was expected to reach $30.9 billion by 2024. Between 2018 and 2024, the market will grow at a CAGR of 13.3%.
- According to Finance Online, some of the top POS software companies in the US include Toast POS (Massachusetts), Square (San Francisco), Poster POS, Miva Merchant (California), and Clover (California).
- Based in Toronto, TouchBistro is “an iPad-based restaurant POS system for managing restaurant processes even without an internet connection
- Other top-rated POS systems in Canada include Revel Systems, Quetzal, and Epos Now.
- From the initial hour of research, we have established that both the US and Canada's market size for POS systems is not readily available and will most likely be triangulated. A lot of available information is globally-focused.
- Due to time restrictions, we could not dig deeper to find the needed information. As such, the team will require extra hours to complete this project.
- Please proceed to choose one or more of the proposed next steps in the scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.