Determine how agriculture technology or precision farming can be applied to increase crop yield, maintain fruit quality, and reduce variations on fruit bearing trees such as pineapples and bananas.
- Growing fruits such as mango, banana, citrus, peach, apple, pineapple, and guava can be made better with the application of advanced technology.
- One advanced method that can be used is the high-density plantation (HDP) technique.
- The method involves having the right plant density, applying crop management concepts, using quality planting components, setting up a support system, and establishing management systems with the right inputs.
- High-density plantation also involves the technique of planting with closer gaps between plants as compared to the typical recommended distance.
- When applying HDP technology, farmers can expect to optimize their unit area productivity and produce fruits that can command a better price.
- Developments in new ways of propagating plants and applying innovative technology in the seed industry has been proven to contribute to the production of highly productive fruit varieties.
- AI-powered methods are also being used to combat pests in bananas.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.