To understand the premium sunglasses market in Canada, Puerto Rico, and Australia to include details on market size and growth; sales differences by region; top 10 brands/major players; where and how people shop; and why people buy premium sunglasses. The research will help develop an international marketing plan for a U.S. sunglasses company.
- The global luxury sunglasses market in 2018 was valued at $15,600 million and is expected to reach $22,000 million by 2025, which represents annual growth of 5.1%.
- The top players in the global industry include Luxottica Group, Safilo Group
, Kering, De Rigo Vision, Marchon Eyewear, Marcolin, LVMH, and Charmant Group.
- With Luxottica, Safilo, and Kering having a virtual monopoly on the designer eyewear market, smaller players can try to capture market share by offering unique designs and high quality products.
- According to Alpha Sunglasses, the top ten selling luxury sunglasses brands are Oakley, Ray-Ban, Maui Jim, Fendi, Gucci, Armani, Prada, Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, and Burberry.
- Based on 2017 data, Luxottica had an 80% market share of the global sunglasses market with
- The luxury eyewear market in Canada, including sunglasses, is estimated to be $899 million in 2019. The information can also be seen on this screenshot in case the direct link is paywalled.
- In 2017, the Canadian sunglasses market was valued at $591.45 million.
- The luxury eyewear market in Australia, including sunglasses, is estimated to be $237 million in 2019. The information can also be seen on this screenshot in case the direct link is paywalled.
Proprietary Research Available
- Sunglasses in Canada (Euromonitor International; $999)
- Research section on Volume of Sunglasses in Canada ($74.75)
- Research section on Revenue of Sunglasses in Canada ($74.75)
Summary of Data Availability
- Our initial search found that market sizing data by country is likely to be behind paywalls and triangulation will most likely be required to estimate the market size (revenue and/or volume) for each country.
- As with the market sizing, it is likely that the specific data requested on where people shop and why people buy premium sunglasses will be based on global data rather than by specific country.
- The top 10 brands, globally, by sales, as well as the top 8 companies in the space were found. Although this data is not specific to each country of interest, this data by country is not likely to be publicly available.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.