B2B SaaS Pricing Models
To understand B2B SaaS pricing models, their psychology, and companies that use these models.
- This pricing model allows users to have access to certain features while offering the option for an upgrade.
- This pricing model allows access to certain features or for a limited period of time while encouraging users to buy the paid plan for additional features.
- This pricing model has been used for several years.
- This model is not ideal for making a profit and the company's revenue may be hit hard for a while.
- There is a risk that once the free period is over, users may simply discard it, increasing the churn rate.
Companies that offered freemium pricing successfully
OTHER PRICING MODELS
- This is a pricing model that charges a flat rate fee regardless of the number of users.
- Buffer uses this pricing model. It offers three plans: pro, premium, and business.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Our research was able to identify the pricing models and provided more details on one. We propose continued research to provide more insights on each of the pricing models identified. Our insights will address the psychology around each approach from sources that address human behavior, at least 2 advantages and 2 disadvantages of each pricing model, and 2-3 examples of B2B SaaS companies that have implemented each model. For each of the companies identified, we will provide information/metrics that show that they implemented the model successfully.
Our research will initially attempt to identify asset management tools. In the event that these tools are not the best examples, we will provide any other B2B SaaS companies.
Additionally, we would identify 2-3 best practices in implementing each of the pricing models above citing large B2B SaaS companies that have successfully implemented the pricing model in the past 4 years. This extended timeframe from our standard 2 years allows us to identify the most successful companies in the recent past. Our research will initially attempt to identify asset management tools. In the event that these tools are not the best examples, we will provide any other B2B SaaS companies.
Alternatively, we would provide 3-4 insights into each of the pricing models provided above. For each pricing model, our insights will address any of the following areas, as available. An overview of the pricing model, 2 advantages and 2 disadvantages of each pricing model, and 2-3 examples of B2B SaaS companies that have implemented each model.