Maaco Collision Repair & Auto Painting Consumer Attitudes
To understand and outline the prevailing customer attitude towards Maaco Collision Repair & Auto Painting.
Yelp Customer Feedback
- Over the course of 2020, the Freemont California Maaco has held steady with a 4.5 out of five rating on Yelp. The first three months of 2019 saw the company have a five-star rating and then fall to 4.5 stars for the remainder of the year. Customers commented numerous times on the good customer service and about David in particular being professional and helpful.
- The Springfield Virginia location has very good reviews (4.5 out of 5 stars) with several customers praising Chris specifically along with Joe for the great work done. The entire team has received praise as being "extremely knowledgeable and professional."
- The location in Kent Washington's ratings on Yelp have decreased from 4.5 to four out of five stars over the course of 2020. The most recent reviews include customers posting photos of unfinished work and stating that the shop is giving them "the run around."
- Both the Columbus Ohio and the Vallejo California locations have only three out of five stars.
Better Business Bureau
- The Memphis Tennessee Maaco location has an A+ rating with no reviews or complaints filed against the location.
- Reviews found at the BBB are mixed in Osseo Minnesota,
- The Dayton Ohio location only has two customer complaints on record since 2002 and currently holds an A+ rating.
- Greenville South Carolina's location is not BBB accredited and has one unresolved complaint against the location due to a customer feeling that the paint job provided was not acceptable and also complained of an employee getting paint on the inside of their vehicle.
- The Charlotte North Carolina location has a rating of C and has an open complaint from April 2020. The customer filed a complaint alleging the shop did not complete the damage repair and paint jobs agreed upon.
Bird Eye Reviews
- The Columbia South Carolina location of Maaco has 123 reviews with a 4.4 out of five-star score. The most common theme was that the service is quick and of good value. Several customers also complimented the friendly and helpful staff.
- The location in Hickory North Carolina has a slightly lower score of 4.1 out of five stars. The one-star reviews all complain of unprofessional service and paint jobs and stated that the finished vehicle looked worse than the one that taken in. One reviewer on Google Business stated that the business should not offer a $399 paint job if they can't make money at that price point. The far majority of reviews were much more satisfactory than these.
- Rate A Biz has a relatively mediocre rating of 3.3 out of five stars for the Myrtle Beach South Carolina Maaco location. Customers complained of damage done to their cars and sloppy work along with complaints about poor customer service and cautions to "avoid this place at all costs." This location in particular appears to have a bad local reputation, according to what several reviewers said mentioning that they had been warned by others prior to taking their vehicles in for work.
- Consumer Affairs rates Maaco overall as a 3.3 out of five stars. The reviews cover locations across the United States and are verified by Consumer Affairs by means of moderation for quality and helpfulness along with required contact information for the reviewers. Most notable about the reviews on this website is that customers are either highly satisfied (leaving five-star reviews) or seriously disappointed and angry (leaving a one-star review). Research revealed a four-star review hidden amongst the rest that stated the customer has increased the original review by two stars solely because of the customer service they received.
- Cars and Coffee Kings filmed a candid YouTube testimonial of picking up a Mustang on which they had a $400 paint job done by Maaco. They were quite surprised and impressed with the quality of the job.
- Two primary factors stand out from the above research: 1.) customer service is a huge factor in swaying the customer's opinion and 2.) having someone in place who has both the technical and personal skills (ie. David, Chris, and Joe) puts customers at ease and gives them confidence in the entire company.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.