Demographic Profile of Undergraduate Student in Florida
To improve the initial cost-per-lead and down funnel performance for City College, it is important to identify which are the three best audiences for undergraduate education in Florida as well as their demographic profile.
Undergraduate Students in General
- More females enroll in college that males. In 2017, 44% of enrolled college students between 18-24 years were females while 37% was male.
- The top races/ethnicities between the ages 18-24 years to enroll in college were Asian (63%), White (41%), and persons of two or more races (41%), and Blacks and Hispanics (both 36%).
- In 2017-2018, the top ethnicities to enroll for undergraduate education were White (8.8 million), Hispanic (3.27 million), and Black (2.18 million).
Students in Florida
- In Florida, the males enrolled in college or graduate school are primarily in the age group of 18-24 years. For public colleges (275,371 students) and for private colleges (64,408 students). This is followed by those in the age group 25-34 years of which 114,169 students are enrolled in public colleges and 40,928 were enrolled in private colleges.
- In Florida, the females enrolled in college or graduate school are primarily in the age group of 18-24 years. For public colleges (326,235 students) and for private colleges (73,785 students). This is followed by those in the age group 25-34 years for public colleges of which 137,420 students were enrolled and the age group 35 years and over for private colleges where 60,343 students were enrolled.
- From these figures it is clear that more females than males are enrolled in college and that the age group between 18-24 years predominantly attend college. This also most likely to be the audience that does research surrounding college.
Summary of Findings
- During the first hour of research, we focused on the demographic profile of undergraduate students in general and college students in Florida.
- From this research, the profile gathered for the prime undergraduate student is female, in the age group 18-24 years and most likely White.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Wonder can continue the research and provide the psychographic profile of the undergraduate student in Florida (and expand to undergraduate students in general if insufficient information is available). We would provide information on how students select an undergraduate school, what sources website/sources/social media they visit, their likes and dislikes surrounding undergraduate education, and their interests.
Wonder can also provide 5-7 trends in higher education in the U.S. For each trend, we would provide a description of the trend and why it is a trend.
Wonder can also provide 2-3 best practices for marketing to higher education students. For each practice, we would provide a description of the best practice, why it is a best practice and at least one example of where it is being applied.