Private Company Market Size
Identify the total market size in Canadian dollars of the private company market in Canada as well as a break down of the market by sector and the average value by sector.
Canadian Private Company Market
- According to Crunchbase, there is a total of 9,773 private companies in Canada. Of these companies, 6,023 are listed as "for profit" companies and 38 are listed as "nonprofits." Because this database provides data on start-ups, we do not believe that this is a complete list of companies.
- Funding for the private company market in Canada is valued at $35.9 billion.
- In the private sector in Canada, 69.7% of private companies are small businesses, 19.9% are medium businesses, and 10.4% are large businesses.
- Private sector employment by industry:
- Goods-Producing Sector: 3.044 million employees.
- Agriculture: 111,500 employees.
- Forestry, fishing, mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction: 280,6
- Utilities: 15,100 employees.
- Construction: 1 million employees.
- Manufacturing: 1.637 million employees.
- Service-Producing Sector: 8.85 million employees.
- Wholesale and retail trade: 2.522 million employees.
- Transportation and warehousing: 607,100 employees.
- Finance, insurance, real estate and leasing: 897,6
- Professional, scientific and technical services: 981,5
- Business, building and other support services: 564,000 employees.
- Educational services: 105.,600 employees.
- Health care and social assistance: 964,200 employees.
- Information, culture and recreation: 537,600
- Accommodation and food services: 1.112
- Other services (except public administration): 558,500 employees.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.