"A survey conducted by CareerCast found that 78% of people feel unduly stressed at work, rating their job stress at a seven or higher on a 10-point scale — that’s up from the 69% who said the same only two years ago.
The biggest career stressor? Dealing with frequent, hard deadlines — 38% of people agreed on this point. Growth potential and interacting with the public tied for second place, with 14% of people naming each of these the top culprit." With such a high percentage of Americans feeling stresses in their jobs, an analysis is being provided of some of the most stressful jobs in America.
Most Stressful Jobs in United States
Insights into Vacation Times for Stressful Occupations
- Cab drivers do not have very generous work benefits compared to other fields. This is a high turnover field, so employers do not invest much in employee benefits. While some companies offer paid vacations or medical insurance, most taxi drivers do not receive any work benefits.
- A report titled "The State of America Vacation 2016" found that "half of United States employees had unused vacation days totaling 658 million days. Although the report does not appear to distinguish between C-Suite executives and other employees with unused vacation days, every CFO and CEO knows that C-Suite executives work as necessary, 24/7, without regard to accumulated vacation time."
- "As a C-Suite executive and the reality is that no matter how much time you are allotted by the terms of your contract, you do not have the ability to use all of those days off."
- The benefits for a news journalist also include paid time off such as sick days and vacations. Journalists may work long hours on assignments, which provides overtime pay, according to the California Employment Development Department. News journalists may also earn additional pay for work on a night shift schedule. Newspapers may provide the journalist with health insurance and retirement plans.
- Local law enforcement officers typically work a 40-hour week, but at times they are required to work nights, weekends and holidays, and overtime is quite common. Because of the vital nature of police officer duties, shift work, unsocial hours and emergency call-outs are part of the job.
Most Common Professions in the US
- Retail Employee
- Food and Beverage
- Customer Service Representative
Note: There are not relevant proprietary databases that appear to address the specific goals of the project.