Train Traveler Research
To understand who the people are that would take a train to travel, excluding commuters. Other goals of this research include the main competitors of trainline.com. This information will be used to get an overview of the different customer segments in the market.
During our preliminary research, we were able to determine the global market size for the Passenger Rail Transportation market. We were also able to provide a brief demographic profile of those who are willing take a train to travel, excluding commuters. We were also able to identify four competitors to trainline.com. Below is an overview of our early findings.
- As of 2017, the global market size for the Passenger Rail Transportation market is valued at $265 billion.
- Based on research conducted by Trip Advisor, about 28% of low income travelers in the U.S. traveled by train on their last trip.
- Based on research conducted by AARP, 6% of U.S. travelers primarily use trains for domestic travel and 16% for international travel.
- Trip Advisor also found that 26% of U.S. travelers aged 18-34 traveled by train during their vacation.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.