During our preliminary research, we were able to determine the global market size for the Passenger Rail Transportation market. We were also able to provide a brief demographic profile of those who are willing take a train to travel, excluding commuters. We were also able to identify four competitors to trainline.com. Below is an overview of our early findings.
- As of 2017, the global market size for the Passenger Rail Transportation market is valued at $265 billion.
- Based on research conducted by Trip Advisor, about 28% of low income travelers in the U.S. traveled by train on their last trip.
- Based on research conducted by AARP, 6% of U.S. travelers primarily use trains for domestic travel and 16% for international travel.
- Trip Advisor also found that 26% of U.S. travelers aged 18-34 traveled by train during their vacation.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.