Top Selling Book Genres
To find information on the three top selling book genres by revenue for both fiction and non-fiction segments and in the categories of print, e-book, and audiobook.
- The top three print fiction genres in the United States are:
- Romance/erotica with a revenue of $1.44 billion.
- Crime/mystery with a revenue of $728.2 million.
- Science fiction/fantasy with a revenue of $590.2 million.
- The top three print non-fiction genres in the United States are:
- Religious/Inspirational with a revenue of $720 million.
- Although revenue information for the next two non-fiction genres was unavailable, preliminary research was able to identify the genres.
- In 2017, the top non-fiction genres by unit sales are:
- Religion/bibles with 41,341 units sold.
- General non-fiction with 33,680 units sold.
- Reference with 38,306 units sold.
- Biography/autobiography/memoir with 23,098 units sold.
- Health/fitness/medicine/sports with 22,780 units sold.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.