Qiming U.S. Healthcare Fund
Profile Mark Mcdade and provide a detailed analysis of Qiming U.S and Qiming China Fund, including background information, their investment strategy and goals, funding sources, history, track record, and interviews with Mark or other key people at the firm.
Qiming Healthcare Fund
- Mark Mcdade is a managing and founding partner at Qiming Venture Partners USA and a director at Dermira. He also holds board and advisory roles at Five Prime Therapeutics, WindMIL Therapeutics, and Twine Health.
- Mark McDade previously served as the Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer at UCB, a multinational biopharmaceutical company, before joining Qiming.
- Other roles he has served in include "Chief Executive Officer and on the board of directors of PDL BioPharma, Chief Executive Officer of Signature BioScience, co-founder, President and Chief Operating Officer at Corixa Corporation, and Chief Operating Officer of Boehringer Mannheim Therapeutics, the biopharmaceutical division of Corange Limited."
- Qiming Venture Partners USA is a healthcare-focused US venture fund that is tied to Qiming China's network.
- While Qiming Venture US focuses on healthcare, Qiming Venture China invests in the Internet and Consumer ("Intersumer"), Information Technology, Healthcare, and Cleantech sectors.
- Qiming Venture China's investment strategy is to invest in "early-stage and expansion-stage deals" in the sectors it is targeting in China and the US. About 50% of the company's investment is in early-stage companies.
- The investment strategy of Qiming Venture Partners USA is to invest in early-stage healthcare businesses in the US.
- Other key partners in Qiming Venture Partners USA include Gary Rieschel and Chris Shen who are both Managing Partners and Jennifer Hu who is a Partner.
- Qiming has over $4 billion under its management across 12 funds in the US and China.
- Qiming has made 366 investments in both the US and China and was the lead investor in 101 of those investments. At least 20 of the portfolio companies it has backed are valued at over $1 billion and are recognized as unicorns.
PROPOSED NEXT STEP:
Based on the availability of the information you are looking for, we suggest diving deeper with additional research to provide more details about the managing partners of Qiming Venture Partners USA (Mark Mcdade, Gary Rieschel, and Chris Shen). We will focus on providing only details about their professional experience and any interviews they have granted. We will also provide additional details about Qiming U.S and Qiming China Fund, that will include background information, their investment strategy and goals, funding sources, history, and track record. (9 hours, $225)
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.