QIO Competitors in Nursing Home Consulting
To identify 3 Quality Improvement Organizations (QIO) competitors in the nursing home (assisted living, home health) consulting space with any details on size, reach, and service offerings and with a focus on individual consultants within the Louisiana/Gulf Coast region or in as close proximity to this region as possible.
- The state of Louisiana is bordered by Arkansas on the north, Mississippi on the east and Texas on the west.
- Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care or AFMC serves as one of the Quality Improvement Organizations or QIOs for the state of Arkansas.
- AFMC works in collaboration with Arkansas Medicaid to help the state’s health care professionals and hospitals to offer the best quality care.
- Although TMF Health Quality Institute currently serves as the leading QIO in this geography AFMC is responsible for assisting the providers in Arkansas.
- In the nursing home consulting space AFMC helps through its antibiotic stewardship programs and leads the infection prevention collaborative in the state.
- According to Britannica.com, the Gulf Coast states include the following: Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas.
- Out of the five states cited above, Alabama, Florida, and Louisiana have Alliant Quality as their QIO, which has already been described in an earlier research.
- The states of Mississippi and Texas have TMF Health Quality Institute as their QIO.
- The TMF Health Quality Institute is aimed at promoting quality health care through contracts with federal, state and local governments, as well as private organizations.
- It serves as a private, nonprofit organization of licensed physicians (MDs and DOs) to lead quality improvement and medical review efforts.
- TMF partners with health care providers in multiple settings including the nursing homes.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.