Queen Anne's County Visitors
To identify the number of people who visit Queen Anne's County in Maryland annually, as well as the demographics and psychographics of those visitors. This will be used to build marketing personas and to gain a better understanding of the people who are visiting the area for marketing purposes.
- In 2017, Queen Anne’s County received $3.8 million in direct consumer taxes from
- One report found there were almost 206,000 day
visitors and over 170,000 overnight visitors to Queen Anne's County in 2016.
- That same year, these visitors spent $141 million in the
- On average, a visitor to the county spends about $375 during a visit.
- In 2019, visitor spending in Queen Anne's County contributed $168,220 in admission and amusement taxes, $649,625 in room taxes, and $4,287,882 in total direct consumer tax impact.
Where Visitors Travel From
- Most visitors to Queen Anne’s County were from Maryland (37%), followed by visitors from Pennsylvania (35%).
Popular Visitor Activities
The following are the most popular activities that visitors do in Queen Anne's County:
- Nature: 72.3% (includes: beach/waterfront, parks, camping,
and wildlife viewing)
- Family/Life Events: 61.6% (includes: visiting friends and relatives, wedding, reunion, holiday, and funeral)
- Outdoor Sports: 49.1% (includes: boating/sailing, golf, tennis, extreme sports, water sports, fishing, hunting, winter sports, hiking, and biking)
Queen Anne’s County Legacy Foundation
- Queen Anne’s County Legacy Foundation offers cultural, historical, and
educational events to attract visitors.
- In 2018, their Candlelight Tour of Historic Homes had a 96% consumer rating and 400 new visitors.
50% of visitors were from outside the county and 12% were new visitors from the Western Shore of
- For this initial hour, we tried identifying as much of the requested information as possible. We were able to identify insights on the number of people who visit Queen Anne's County annually, as well as where they're traveling from, and why they travel to this county.
- The statistics presented were from a 2018 report by Sage Policy Group, which referenced statistics from 2016. More recent statistics or more details on where visitors travel from or why they travel to Queen Anne's County do not appear to be publicly available. Additionally, no reports on tourism numbers or statistics appeared publicly available from Queen Anne's tourism or government websites.
- This research found that visitors to Queen Anne's County were dominantly from Maryland and Pennsylvania, we recommend continuing the research to provide demographic and psychographic profiles of these specific populations.
- Feel free to select or add an option below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.