Goldman Sachs Diversity Media Spend
To find information on female-owned and diverse-owned advertising media spending by financial institutions.
Total Ad Spend
- A recent survey by Newscreed found that more than 91% of U.S.-based marketers agree that there is room for growth in incorporating diverse images by marketers.
- According to Statista, in 2018, the total U.S. ad spend amounted to $223.7 billion. This amount was projected to grow to $240.68 billion in 2019.
- AdWeek projected that in 2020, the total U.S. ad and marketing spend will grow to nearly $390 billion.
Advertising to Women Consumers
- When consumers recognize themselves in ad messages, they are more likely to respond positively. This is because "up to 83% of people pointed to better representing modern society as the reason marketing campaigns were impactful in a positive way."
- Women dominate consumer purchasing decisions and brands that want to reach this consumer group have to shift from traditional advertising methods and understand how cultural shifts affect this diverse group.
- According to Forbes, around 85% of women consumers noted that if they like a brand, they will remain loyal to it.
Advertising to Multicultural Consumers
- Multicultural consumers form about 40% of the total population in the U.S. Despite this, multicultural media spending only accounted for only 5.2%.
- In 2018, total multicultural advertising and marketing spending amounted to $25.9 billion.
- In 2018, spending targeting "Hispanics totaled almost $18 billion, a 5.3% increase over the previous year and far ahead of the amount of spend aimed at African-Americans ($7.2 billion, up 6.1%) or Asian Americans ($722 million, up 7%)."
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.