Florida Georgia Line Quotes
To compile a list of quotes from the country music group Florida Georgia Line about whiskey and their whiskey Old Camp.
During our preliminary research, we were able to compile a list of quotes from Florida Georgia Line about whiskey in general and their whiskey Old Camp, specifically. Below is an overview of our early findings.
- In an interview with PEOPLE, Brian Kelley and Tyler Hubbard (the members of Florida Georgia Line), mentioned, “We’ve been drinking whiskey for a while, so it was a natural thing for us," when speaking about creating their own whiskey.
- In a Business Wire article, Brian Kelley is quoted as saying, "We love to have a good time and we love whiskey, always have." “It’s a ritual we’ve had since our first shows, toasting and celebrating with our camp before taking the stage.”
- In a Supercall interview, posted on Thrillist.com, Tyler Hubbard is quoted as saying, "When BK and I first started playing together we had a thing where we’d go into the bar, we’d buy a beer, we would drink the beer and we would fill it with whiskey—something really cheap in a plastic flask that we bought on the way in. We would fill our bottles up with whiskey and we would sit there and drink it and everybody thought we were just drinking beer."
- In the same interview, Kelley said, "We’ve got a long past, a long history with whiskey. It’s definitely been with us on our journey and it’s been part of our lifestyle and our show for a while, so to have our own brand and our own flavor, it’s something we’re really proud of."
Old Camp Whiskey
- When speaking about the notes of their whiskey, the group told PEOPLE, “We wanted it to taste like home,” and “With the peaches and the pecans, you’ve got a little bit of Florida, and a little bit of Georgia. The whiskey makes it an experience … you get to indulge in all three of them.”
- They also told PEOPLE "It’s absolutely the whiskey for the non-whiskey drinker.” “Even for us, we love drinking whiskey, but we also love the taste of pecans because it’s got a unique flavor. You get a sip of that peach pecan, you’ll have another, I promise you.”
- In a Sounds like Nashville article, Tyler Hubbard is quoted as saying, "This ritual is a huge part of FGL and we wanted to develop a drink that feels true to who we are, our roots and the vibes we like to create."
- In the same interview with Supercall above, when asked why they decided to create a flavored whiskey, Tyler was quoted as saying, "We were all drinking Fireball before Old Camp was in our life—I feel like it was for the non-whiskey drinker. And that was who we wanted to market to first because we knew we could make a good tasting whiskey and market to the whiskey drinkers, but we wanted to market to everybody."
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.